This policy applies to personal information collected by Atlantic Senior Fours 2020 and sets out the principles governing our processing of that information, in the way we use, keep secure and disclose it under Data Protection Act (1998) and the General Data Protection Regulations (2018).
Your personal information which is necessary for us to operate our Championships includes: - Nationality, first and last names, Member Nation Authority details, telephone and / or mobile numbers, email address, photographs, digital images, player profiles.
Atlantic Senior Fours 2020 has chosen to use “Legitimate Interest” as the basis for holding your personal data and has completed (as required by the GDPR) a Legitimate interest Assessment Form which is available to view on written request.
How do we collect this personal information?
All the information collected is obtained directly from you or a member of your MNA. This is usually at the point of your application for inclusion in the event (Atlantic Senior Fours 2020). At the point you provide, or allow, your personal information to be used for inclusion in this event this will be treated as a consent to store and use your data. Your consent is required in order to ensure our compliance with data protection legislation.
How do we use your personal information?
We limit the collection and use of your personal information. We will tell you the purpose for which we will process the information. Such purposes may include the following: -
• Maintaining an Atlantic Senior Fours 2020 database to facilitate administration and management of the Championships.
• Contacting you with information relating to your inclusion in the event and other matters relating to this event and the administration of it.
• Sharing your photograph to the public via internet using websites and social media for promotion of the event
• Sharing live images of you to the public via internet using websites and social media pages when ‘live streaming’ parts of the Championships
• Sharing images, taken at the Championships, with Organisations involved with the promotion and publicity of the sport of Bowls.
If we are asked to share any other information, we will ask your permission.
We will store your information electronically and/or paper-based from the point of collection for as long as you are a competitor in the event. After you cease to be a competitor your personal information will be retained for a period of 6 months before being deleted/destroyed – except for the following items
• Photographs of winners, runners up and 3rd placed competitors will be retained for future publicity purposes for similar future events
• Records of live streaming/recordings will be retained for future publicity purposes for similar future events
We strive to protect the privacy and security of our database, and to maintain the reliability and accuracy of Personal Information. We will hold information collected by us on a computer and in other forms.
Although we cannot guarantee the security of all transmissions of personal information, especially where the internet is involved, we take all reasonable steps to ensure security of all transmissions. You must understand the implications of providing information and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security or disclosure of information unless we have been proved to be negligent.
Information Access and Corrections
You have right of access under the General Data Protection Regulations to the information we hold about you on our records.
This policy may change from time to time. If we make any major changes we will inform you by email or letter.
• You have the right to withdraw at any time your agreement to any of the individual consent options
• You have the right to withdraw your consent to having any photos of you published
• You have the right to decide that you do not wish to receive information from us
You can withdraw any or all these consents by emailing the Event Organisor. Withdrawal of any consent will be acted on as soon as possible and in any event within 3 months.